Extranet, what exactly is it?
Extranet is an online platform where users, who have requested a login and password, will find a wide range of useful information.
On this platform users can consult the operational status of the airport, meeting reports and (operational) manuals.
The commercial section provides all kinds of information including new shops and services, contact details and opening hours.
A third section is reserved for large-scale infrastructure projects such as Connector.
You are a new user and wish to request access?
In consultation with my contact at Brussels Airport Company I wish to request a user name and login for the Brussels Airport Extranet (or other applications).
You already use the Extranet?
I already have a login for Extranet (or other applications) but I forgot my password. Click on the button to request a new password.
Frequently asked questions
Where can I find the Extranet homepage?
Click on the button above to log in.
I cannot log in.
- Are you using the correct homepage? If you use the URL below, the site will immediately ask for your user name and password in a pop-up window.
- The username should be entered completely (i.e. including brussels\) and manually (no cut & paste) when requested. The username is not case sensitive but the password is.
- If you enter a wrong password five times in a row, your account will be locked for 30 minutes. After that, you can try to log in again if you remember your password. Your login/password combination remains active, even if you do not use them for several months.
I forgot my username and/or password. What should I do?
On the site http://www.brusselsairport.be/extranet you will find a button to request your password reset. Or you can click on the "Forgot password" button above. After you have confirmed your request by e-mail, a new randomly generated password will be sent to you.
I would like to change my password. Is that possible?
In the confirmation mail you receive after you created your account, there is a direct link where you can change the initial password. As long as you know your current password, you can change it as soon as you’ve logged in. On the Extranet portal, in the right-hand top corner, you will find a “Change Password” button. We advise you to choose a password that is easy for you to remember.
I participate in one of the (operational) meetings organised by Brussels Airport Company and would like to access the meeting reports. How should I proceed??
There are two possibilities:
- You already have an Extranet username and password. You can request access by sending a mail to the meeting owner. You had best put firstname.lastname@example.org in cc. This way your access to the meeting reports can immediately be arranged after approval of the meeting owner
- ou do not yet have an Extranet username and password. You first need to request access to the Extranet before you can contact the meeting owner to request access to the meeting reports.
I’m looking for specific information on the Extranet, but I can’t seem to find dit. What should I do?
The Extranet portal is arranged in logical sections. On the left-hand side you will find a navigation menu where all the sites to which you have access are listed. The central block is (currently) divided into three major sections: Operations, Commercial and Connector. In the right-hand top corner below your name a search engine is provided. If you enter specific terms, you may be able to find the information you’re looking for.
My colleague has more/less options on the portal. Why is that?
Whether or not you have access to certain files and documents depends on the accesses you requested and your job at the airport. If you believe you should have access to specific information, please send a motivated request to the meeting owner and/or the Extranet team (email@example.com).
You receive the alert window below. What now?
This alert window indicates that you have insufficient rights to access the information with youre login/password combination. Click on the "Request login" button above or get in touch with your person of contact with BAC.
My meeting owner sent me a link to a meeting report. If I click on it, I cannot access the document. What should I do?
It is advisable to first log into the Extranet following the procedure above and to leave your Internet browser open. If you then click on the link, it should open immediately.
Sometimes meeting reports will not open. What should I do?
Several users seem to have this problem but there is a workaround. Left click on the attachment, hold it and drag it to the address bar. The system will now ask you what you intend to do with the file: open, save or cancel. To open the attachment, click “Open”. You can always save it afterwards.
I have another questions regarding Extranet and I cannot find the answer above.
Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you as soon as possible.