BREXIT Information and advice
BREXIT: What you need to know before you travel to or from the UK
There is an agreement between the European Union and the United Kingdom on a new cooperation from 1 January 2021. What does that mean for you as a traveller?
- As from 1 October 2021, you will need an international passport to travel to the United Kingdom. Your identity card will bot be sufficient. A visa is not required when travelling to the UK for stays shorter than 6 months.
- British Nationals can no longer use the e-gates at border controls. You can find more information on the website of Foreign Affairs.
- You will have to declare cash and valuables at customs, and the quantities of alcohol and cigarettes you can bring are lower, more information can be found here.
- There are also changes for travelling with pets, you can consult the most recent information on the website of the FASFC and of the British government.
- Duty-free shopping at Gates B remains possible