Travel possibilities and requirements per destination
Check out what's needed so you can finally discover new horizons.
- Enter your country of destination and when you want to go
- Then take a look at the regulations both at departure and arrival. Also check whether you will have to quarantine.
- Find all the direct links to fill in the necessary documents immediately
We’re happy to provide a list of official websites that give an overview of the travel restrictions:
For more information, the Foreign Affairs call centre can be reached at +32 (0) 2 501 4000 on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Belgian time). The call centre is closed during weekends and on holidays and bridging days.
Extra documents for travelling
FOR TRAVELLING ABROAD from Belgium, extra documents may be required in these COVID-19 times:
- Identity card or international passport. Do not forget to check their validity. If you have dual nationality, it is best to bring the passport of your second nationality in case this is requested for the country of destination.
- A negative COVID-19 test certificate or quarantine (at your destination) is required for some countries. Check the measures for your destination in advance. You can have a COVID-19 test taken at Brussels Airport.
- Since 1 July 2021, for trips inside Europe, you will need the European ‘digital COVID certificate’ (digital or printed) to prove you have been vaccinated, received a negative PCR test result or have recovered from Covid-19. Please consult CovidSafe.be for more information and to obtain your Covidsafe certificate.
- Some destination countries also require a hotel reservation or proof of accommodation. If this is the case, you will be asked to present this when checking in here in Belgium. Always keep this reservation of proof of accommodation close at hand and also bring a printed copy, if possible.
- Documents required by the country of destination: check which travel restrictions apply, if any, and which conditions you have to meet in the country you are flying to.
- The Business Travel Abroad form for business travel is no longer required.
Be sure to check the specific measures for the country of destination here below. We also recommend that you bring a printed copy of these documents as much as possible. This will speed up the check-in process, and will often prove useful at your destination.
For more information on your standard travel documents, please click here.
FOR TRAVELLING TO BELGIUM, please check this information.
FOR TRANSFER PASSENGERS, please check this information.
Brussels Airport Company is providing the above for information purposes only, without guaranteeing the accuracy and completeness thereof. Brussels Airport Company is not responsible and cannot be held liable in any way for any damage or loss incurred from relying on the information provided by Brussels Airport Company.