Baggage left on the departures level
- Consult one of the following links : https://5052.fedimbo.belgium.be/nl/inhoud/teruggave-persoonlijke-bezittingen (in Dutch) or https://5052.fedimbo.belgium.be/fr/content/recuperation-de-vos-effets-personnels (in French)
- A social worker will, after appointment, bring the baggage/items home to the owners residing in Belgium.
- The embassy will, after appointment, bring the baggage/items home to the owners residing abroad.
- On this website you will also find an online form (in Dutch and French only) where you can register items/baggage that could as yet not be found.
- All requests already entered via the Lost & Found form have been handed to the Federal Police.
Baggage left in the passenger terminal (with the exception of the departures level
- All submitted requests are processed by Lost & Found Brussels Airport. Passengers will be informed whether or not their baggage/item was found. The Lost & Found service is working on it every day.
- If you did not yet register your items: > Fill in the Lost & Found form
Checked-in baggage/items left in the aircraft
If you did not yet register your baggage/items, please contact your handler:
Luggage left in the lockers
Luggage that was left in the lockers is available as of Tuesday 12 April.
Please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning:
- your address and contact details
- the number of the locker
- description of the items left in the locker