Frequently Asked Questions

  • I do not have the Belgian nationality. Which travel documents do I need to be allowed to travel to ?

You need the same documents as any other person having the same nationality as you. The fact that you stay or live in Belgium makes no difference.

Non-Belgians are advised to take both their passport and their residence permit, the latter for their return to Belgium.

To know exactly which travel documents you need, you are advised to contact the embassy of the country of destination. The addresses of the embassies and consulates are available on